Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab Tech III
at Pace Analytical
JOB OBJECTIVE: Perform laboratory analyses as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in chemistry, biology, or related field. Ability to work overtime and to be periodically on call required. Dependability and regular attendance required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Stand on feet up to 10 hours; Lift up to 50 lbs.; Use of both hands--Maintain a steady hand while transferring samples; Hold beaker (2 – 4 in. diameter) in one hand while using pipette with other hand; Ability to tighten lid (wing nut) with force on concentrator instrument; Ability to remove 3L solvent flask by holding bulb with one hand while unscrewing it with the other hand; Hold sep funnel with one hand while unscrewing cap with the other; Lift sonicator (2” Diameter, 7 – 8 lbs.) with one hand while placing 2 beakers with solvent and samples underneath; ability to use both hands to remove concentrator (Buchi) lid (approx. 7 lbs.).
JOB RESPONSIBILITY: Each staff member should maintain positive, supportive, and cooperative attitude with our clients, staff and management of Pace National.
- Under general supervision of the senior chemist, or other designated supervisor, perform analytical procedures.
- Perform required maintenance of laboratory equipment assigned to the section.
- Practice appropriate quality control procedures as specified in the quality assurance manual.
- Maintain working knowledge of analytical methods and procedures and company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.