Dollar General Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paralegal - Employment Law
at Dollar General Corporation
- Requisition ID
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,094 stores in 44 states as of November 1, 2019. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provide professional legal support to in-house employment attorneys with legal document preparation, specifically responses to agency charges of discrimination and other alleged violations of law. (Note: This is not a Legal Secretary.)
- Investigate allegations in agency charges
- Summarize cases and prepare case files.
- Prepare draft responses to agency charges of discrimination and other alleged violations of law.
- Maintain records; ensure that appropriate documents are indexed, archived and properly stored.
- Assist in litigation document compilation and production as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; high proficiency in Word.
- Ability to proofread.
- Ability to work independently without detailed instruction.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality within the department.
- Ability to analyze a situation and provide assistance.
- Ability to communicate professionally with employees and management of the company.
Work Experience and/or Education
- Associate’s Degree or certification in Paralegal Studies preferred.
- Previous paralegal experience preferred.