Dollar General Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paralegal (Business Law)
at Dollar General Corporation
- Requisition ID
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,000 stores in 44 states as of September 28, 2019. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provide professional legal support to the in-house business law attorneys with minimal supervision. Exercise judgment with attention to detail while completing time-sensitive and confidential matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Corporate Compliance: coordinate with internal business partners, vendors, court officials, regulatory agencies and outside counsel to address and/or resolve compliance issues including, but not limited to, health inspections, fire marshal inspections, lawn and maintenance matters, weights and measures inspections, and a variety of advertising, licensing and regulatory issues. Ensure store field teams attend hearings and meet compliance deadlines. Work closely with internal business partners to develop measures to avoid compliance issues. Investigate and respond to consumer complaints. (50%)
- Litigation Management and Dispute Resolution: perform duties associated with civil litigation including, but not limited to, reviewing pleadings, calendaring hearings and deadlines, organizing case files, interviewing internal business partners, collecting any relevant documents/information, and responding to discovery requests. Draft responses and collect relevant documents in response to subpoenas. Work with internal business partners, courts, creditors and opposing counsel on garnishments and default judgments. (25%)
- Process documents received from the Company’s 16,000+ stores (within 24 hours of receiving) and, if necessary, address issues noted therein. (10%)
- Process documents served on the Company’s registered agent (e.g., subpoenas, lawsuits, garnishments, demand letters, citations). (10%)
- Maintain the corporate notebooks for the Company’s subsidiaries. (5%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and independently prioritize work.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to analyze a situation, exercise judgment, and handle ambiguity.
- Ability to professionally communicate with regulatory agencies, attorneys, and officers of the company.
- High attention to detail required.
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Associate's Degree or certification in Paralegal Studies preferred.
- Previous paralegal experience preferred.
- Litigation experience a plus!