Dollar General Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internal Auditor II
at Dollar General Corporation
- Requisition ID
- Internal Audit
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for nearly 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 15,472 stores in 44 states as of March 1, 2019. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Assists in conducting operational, financial, and Sarbanes-Oxley audits throughout the company. Identify control weaknesses and assist in formulating viable solutions. Requires a general knowledge of retail and good understanding of accounting controls and audit standards. Planning, research, testing, analyzing and reporting are the primary functions performed in the position. Must be self-motivated and be able to work with limited supervision. Communication skills and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances are essential to the position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in completing audits as directed and in accordance with the annual audit plan. This includes the entire audit process from planning through execution and reporting. Participate in the required closing conferences and follow-up on management action plans. Audit results must be effectively communicated to the appropriate management.
- Perform various audits to include financial, operational, IT, and compliance areas of focus.
- Develop suggestions for improvements to retail operations based on work performed and identified deficiencies.
- Keep department management informed of audit work status and progress.
- Be responsible for and take ownership of assigned deadlines.
- Develop professional skills by completing the necessary audit related continuing education.
- Be able to travel when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of retail operations.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Ability to recognize control weaknesses.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities to be used in suggesting areas for possible improvement.
- Good organization and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to complete assigned work within budgeted amount of time.
- Experience with MS Office applications and other data analysis tools.
- Be a team player.
- Be customer service driven.
- Confidentially is a must.
Experience &/Or Education:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business management required. Minimum of one year of relevant work experience required, up to three years preferred. Advanced degree and CIA and/or CPA certifications preferred, but not required.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position and is not intended to represent a comprehensive list.