Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, ITS Specialist - Legal Risk and Regulatory
at Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Job Reference #: E19NATSMGRJD023-ITL5
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
- General Responsibilities
- Specialist Manager demonstrates deep specific technical knowledge, comprehensive skill sets, and relevant project experience.
- Contribute to the best practices in their specialty.
- Specialist Managers have relevant past project experience and possess experience in guiding small teams. Specialist managers are expected to be able to develop training mechanisms and have capabilities that will contribute to their specialist network and will be part of a COP.
- Specialist Manager ensures that project needs are met by delivering deep skills, based on extensive past project experience; communicates with customer in area of expertise on a project by project basis.
- Specialist Manager is responsible for overseeing and guiding the work of a Specialist along with executing.
- Product Responsibilities
- Architects solutions within their subject matter for a single project/product
- Develops and integrates new business process and application design
- Completes configuration and scripting activities as needed on a project
- Develops comprehensive test plans and executes complex build activities
- Participates and leads, where appropriate, in deployment discussions and activities
- Decision Markin/Judgment Required
- Responsible for defining project-level approach/strategy on individual projects within their area of subject matter expertise.
- Defines and directs the work of a specialist on an individual project level under the coordination and guidance of an Engagement Manager.
- Active participant in community of practice, providing input and leading threads.
- Required Technical Skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Vendor relationship management
- System and data integration, transformation, monitoring, and systematic problem solving
- Proficiency in software development lifecycle methodologies (i.e. Agile, KANBAN)
- Functional/technical implementation experience with product(s) in vendor systems
- Preffered experience and knowledge in backen database systems including; SQL Sever, MySQL, Hadoop, etc.
- Server environments, Putty and FTP tools, Service accounts, Linux command line, common commands, MySQL tools, SalesForce data loader structure, Job Monitoring and Admin tools
- Experience, training and certification with Securonix a plus
- Offshore Team Oversight
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
- Closely monitor workload of all employees and offshore vendor resources assigned to project.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
Members of our ITS team work behind the scenes, but are essential to the Deloitte organization. Our ITS team develop custom enterprise applications and provide IT infrastructure support to clients to ensure that they sustain a competitive advantage and stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our team has the analytical skills needed to parse mountains of data, the technical proficiency required to deliver custom solutions, and stellar communications skills needed to present research, discovery, and recommendations in logical and easily understandable ways.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience with 5 years relevant experience in technical leadership and/or technology consulting on large enterprise projects around product implementation, configuration, development and support
- Complete understanding of design and project management of business software solutions; strong channel specific business and domain (functional/technical) knowledge
- Project software development life cycle experience; project management experience; experience with architecture standards design and implementation (including strategy, user experience, performance, controls, stability, quality, innovation, and enterprise security requirements).
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision making skills
- Experience interfacing with external software design and development vendors preferred.
- Ability to work productively with all levels in an large organization
- Ability to travel minimally required, up to 10%.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we help you shape the future direction of your career. We offer comprehensive development planning as well as training, mentoring, and coaching to help you grow from within. From hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork, Deloitte nurtures talent by providing supportive leadership.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.