Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Solution Analyst - Legal Risk and Regulatory
at Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Business Solution Analyst
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
- Maintains a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities of and is a Subject Matter Expert on the various areas and products.
- Assists the Engagement Manager in leading, directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products. Responsible for product quality, project timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Interfaces with clients to define and document requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software products. Creates documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, feature description PowerPoint decks, user guides, process flows, wireframes, and newsletters.
- Responsible for conducting Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs, Manages the Product Backlog for a Product, working with the Engagement Manager to prioritize requirements, define and manage scope and sprints for a project.
- Possesses overall understanding of appropriate business processes and workflows.
- Engages business owners and other ITS resources to respond to requests for new applications and/or enhancements. Collaborates with the Engagement Manager in creating and presenting the appropriate project on-boarding processes and materials (Charter).
- Leads and is responsible all Testing and QA activities within the project lifecycle. Works with and manages off-shore QA resources to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other deliverables and activities related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
- Provides feedback to off-shore QA resources
- Works with the Engagement Manager and clients to plan and execute User Acceptance Testing.
- Participates in reviews of plans associated with project execution.
- Assists Engagement Manager with status reporting as required by the Advisory Channel and Deloitte Applications Studio leadership.
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately.
Members of our ITS team work behind the scenes, but are essential to the Deloitte organization. Our ITS team develop custom enterprise applications and provide IT infrastructure support to clients to ensure that they sustain a competitive advantage and stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our team has the analytical skills needed to parse mountains of data, the technical proficiency required to deliver custom solutions, and stellar communications skills needed to present research, discovery, and recommendations in logical and easily understandable ways.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- 5 years of experience working in supporting multiple software projects in various IT roles.
- 3 years of Business Analyst or System Analysis experience.
- 2 years of Quality Assurance experience.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of functionality within Deloitte applications preferred.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles including Agile development and testing.
- Experience with test plan creation, automated test scripting, and load/stress testing.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Test Director, MS Project, HP Quality Center, SAP Solution Manger, Automated QA tools is a plus
- Prior experience that demonstrates good business understanding is needed (experience in a professional services organization is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance processes and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, organization, analytical, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skill are a must.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams, and ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization environment.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with Project/Product management, and clients.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Strong relationship building and maintaining skills. Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with clients (internal and external).
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) is a plus.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, MS Project, HP Quality Center, TFS/Urban Turtle, Automated QA and wire-framing or visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience working with Agile development processes.
- Experience in packaged software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- Limited travel might be required.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we help you shape the future direction of your career. We offer comprehensive development planning as well as training, mentoring, and coaching to help you grow from within. From hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork, Deloitte nurtures talent by providing supportive leadership.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.