Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Architect - Legal, Risk, and Regulatory
at Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Job Reference #: E19NATSMGRHG010-ITL5
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
We are currently looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented technology leader with heart-deep commitment to success to be a part of our Technology Delivery Studio. This role requires architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications for custom web solutions and 3rd party vendor products. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform mobile environment. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying web-based and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale vendor systems.
- Providing technical and architectural leadership for Microsoft .NET web applications.
- Creating project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Responsible for defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
- Leading technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Applied research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations
- Providing expert knowledge of mobile application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
- Working with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Reviewing and approving 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
- Communicating implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
- Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Providing input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Working closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture.
- Participating, and technically leading when needed, production troubleshooting and ‘War Room' Activities.
- Staying abreast of changes in vendor landscape, and providing guidance around DAS' long term vendor strategy towards mobile application development.
- Instilling a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
- Seeking and capitalizing on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
- Anticipating barriers to change and creating opportunities to remove them.
- Creating a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Exhibiting high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
- Mentoring technical leads and developers.
Members of our ITS team work behind the scenes, but are essential to the Deloitte organization. Our ITS team develop custom enterprise applications and provide IT infrastructure support to clients to ensure that they sustain a competitive advantage and stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our team has the analytical skills needed to parse mountains of data, the technical proficiency required to deliver custom solutions, and stellar communications skills needed to present research, discovery, and recommendations in logical and easily understandable ways.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- 5 years hands-on experience in Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Unified Modeling Language (UML), stateless distributed architectures, and designing for scalability and performance, especially within, .Net, HTML5/CSS3, and WCF technologies.
- Clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), its principles, and patterns at enterprise level.
- Experience in data modeling techniques and knowledge and applicability of various normal forms.
- Experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross-platform architectures driven towards mobility.
- Experience with architecting mobile enterprise solutions based on REST web services.
- Experience in developing of IT architecture plans and software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET Framework development techniques
- Microsoft .Net, ASP.NET Web API and complementary business layer and front-end technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies.
- Microsoft SharePoint development technologies
- Agile development environment especially SCRUM using TFS.
- Messaging architectures (EAI), Excel Services, BizTalk, SAP XI, XML, SOAP, and Web Services.
- Data Warehousing and Master Data Management.
- Electronic commerce, EDI, B2B architectures
- Messaging architectures SOAP and REST with JSON text encoding.
- GPS, location based services and other device hardware interactions
- Usage of automated build and/or unit testing and integration systems
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Experience with Microsoft and Apple frameworks, with extensive knowledge of technical design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations.
- Leadership skills to indirectly lead cross-functional teams towards common solutions.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we help you shape the future direction of your career. We offer comprehensive development planning as well as training, mentoring, and coaching to help you grow from within. From hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork, Deloitte nurtures talent by providing supportive leadership.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.