Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Manager
at Cracker Barrel
- 307 Hartmann Drive
- Home Office
- Home Office
- Location : Postal Code
The Supply Chain Manager’s primary responsibility is ensuring that CBOCS Restaurants are continuously supplied through the approved food, produce and dairy distribution networks. Provides leadership, insight and direction to service providers and suppliers on upcoming promotions, tests and core menu inventory requirements. Collaborates cross functionally with Menu Strategy, Product Development and Operations to mitigate all financial risks as it relates to inventory overages or shortfalls.
Promotional Inventory Analysis
- Calculates inventory requirements based on projections provided by Menu Strategy
- Understanding of how product is used at store level (i.e. hold time/waste) and how the recipe reads for managing product through end of day.
- Adheres to timelines provided and ensures that all suppliers and distributors understand when product is required into distribution.
- Understands supplier constraints with lead time and plant production and plans timeline accordingly.
- At any given time, there are always 4 to 5 promotions/tests or supply disruptions. Must be able to manage multiple competing timelines and ensure all suppliers and distributors are aligned with requirements. Communicates to appropriate departments if any concerns are warranted
- Understanding of all distribution contracts and how they apply throughout the company. Provides guidance to store level leadership, when necessary, and Operations.
- Understanding of overall department functions to ensure all new inventory system flow is accurate to ensure food cost is calculated correctly in FP&A. Troubleshoots any discrepancies.
- Must have a servant leadership style to work with field leadership and cross functionally at the home office.
- Display a collaborative mentality with suppliers and distributors to meet common goal of continuous supply to the stores.
Other Duties as Directed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Supply Chain or equivalent work experience.
At least 5 years of full-time experience in a Supply Chain function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Proficient computer skills specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Distribution Knowledge
- General knowledge of restaurant operations (food, services, & equipment purchasing)
- Ability to prioritize multiple and competing tasks