Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. QA Automation Engineer, Digital
at Cracker Barrel
- 307 Hartmann Drive
- Home Office
- Home Office
- Location : Postal Code
The Sr. QA Automation Engineer, Digital, will collaboratively build test cases for Cracker Barrel digital properties including web, mobile app, and future properties; develop comprehensive test automations to enable regression, load, and performance testing; and integrate automated tests into the Digital CI/CD pipeline. This experienced quality engineer will have a strong knowledge of the consumer digital, ecommerce, and mobile app space; a proven ability to adapt test plans into automations; is comfortable building and establishing new Digital teams; and works well in a cross-functional Agile team of internal team members, external contractors, and agency partners.
- Collaboratively work with the Digital team to identify test cases and suites best suited for automation.
- Build test plans that both encompass functional, performance, and load testing criteria for Cracker Barrel web, mobile web, and mobile apps.
- Create test automations to execute test plans in a consistent, repeatable manner to minimize/eliminate manual testing leveraging tools such as Ranorex or similar.
- Develop scripts to stage/configure data needed support testing automation.
- Integrate test automations into Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Develop dashboards and metrics to share test results and status to all relevant stakeholders.
- Review and interpret artifacts related to testing including epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, and functional & design specifications, in order to facilitate the project team in planning testing activities.
- Work with the team to prioritize the Digital Hospitality backlog especially around Quality Assurance responsibilities.
- Plan and execute performance tests using tools such as JMeter or similar.
- Assist the technical team and technology partners in detecting, diagnosing, and resolving issues detected through performance testing.
Bachelor’s degree in a technology or other relevant discipline.
Three to five years of progressive QA automation experience working on consumer facing Digital properties ideally with integrated commerce capabilities.
- Rich experience of Quality Assurance in consumer facing web and ecommerce environment ideally using commercial CMS and ecommerce solutions.
- Proven ability to develop robust test plans for consumer facing web and mobile solutions including developing comprehensive performance and load testing scenarios.
- Demonstrated skills in building testing automations leveraging tools such as Ranorex, Selenium, or similar.
- Knowledgeable in load and performance testing large scale digital properties leveraging common tools such as JMeter or similar.
- Experience with staging and evaluating data in relational databases to support tests especially Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Azure.
- Ability to integrate test automations into a Continuous Integration (CI)/ Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline.
- Proven experience in selecting, collecting, and presenting relevant test metric for relevant stakeholders.
- Comfortable and familiar in working in an Agile Scrum team leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Awareness of relevant security and compliance requirements including PCI-DSS, PII, WCAG, CAN-SPAM, TPCA, and CCPA.
- Ecommerce experience strongly preferred.
- Mobile app experience desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure helpful.
- Restaurant and/or retail experience preferred.