Central Garden & Pet Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BSO Territory Sales Manager, Farnam/Equine
at Central Garden & Pet Company
Are you passionate about horses and their health and well-being? Central Garden & Pet’s Farnam/Equine business unit is searching for a Territory Sales Manager to work from their home office in the Nashville, TN area. The Territory Sales Manager will conduct sales visits, facilitate the customer’s continuing education training, attend open houses and trade shows and implement the Company’s promotional calendar. He/she will be responsible for achieving regional sales goals on assigned retail accounts in support of the Central Independent Pet Brand Sales Organization (BSO). If your skills and qualifications match those described below, we invite you to apply to this exciting opportunity.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com or www.farnam.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Achieve regional sales goals and key customer business plans for assigned territory.
- Identify and service top key retail accounts in territory versus market data analysis.
- Conduct regular sales/service/training calls on assigned retail and dealer accounts in support of Central Independent Pet Brand Sales.
- Conduct product sales training sessions with retail account staff members regularly.
- Motivate and train distributor sales representatives on Central/Farnam brand products
- Develop and maintain territory call cycle spreadsheet for proactive territory planning.
- Attend open houses, seminars, trade shows and meetings as assigned by the District Manager. Participate in programs outside of territory.
- Present and utilize dealer programs with appropriate customers.
- Increase shelf presence at key independent accounts.
- Carefully manage customer inventory control against territory sales objectives.
- Serve as a category consultant by sharing competitive and innovative market insights
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 3-5 years of sales experience required
- Background in equine industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in animal sciences, business, or other related discipline preferred. Commensurate work experience will be considered for candidates without a degree.
- Highly motivated self-starter; must be able to work with minimal supervision and work under pressure in a fast changing environment.
- Up to 75% travel required in territory; frequent overnight travel required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with customers; clear verbal communication and strong organizational skills; communicate effectively (in person and over the phone) and in writing.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Strong proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; maintain the integrity of confidential customer and product information.
- Strong business acumen: plan and organize work effectively; analyze problems; draw conclusions; propose solutions.
- Field travel conditions: frequent car travel; infrequent airline travel; hotel sleep accommodations, much work is performed in customer retail stores.
- Work will typically occur during regular customer business hours; some weekend work is required as needed.
- Territory Managers may be required to lift between 30-50 lbs of Central products, display or trade show equipment, trade show materials, etc. on an intermittent basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.