Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager, Furniture and Bedding
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an opportunity available for a Sales Representative within our Furniture and Bedding division. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence and offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Account Manager will be will be the face of the organization to clients within an assigned territory. The territory will include Kentucky and Tennessee. Through a combination of prospecting and planning this role is responsible for building and maintaining business relationships with furniture, bedding and packaging companies throughout the assigned territory.
- Learn and understand Carpenter’s products and capabilities
- Service existing accounts and prospect and close new business accounts though effective organization and efficient planning
- Work with plant and technical center personnel, as well as management team to develop solutions to customer inquiries
- Prepare weekly call report and weekly sales report
- Prepare monthly and annual territory analysis to be submitted to the Sales Manager in order to strategize and discuss business goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of successful sales experience
- Bedding, furniture or foam knowledge highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a variety of customers at all levels of an organization
- Must have basic computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel approximately 25%-35%, 8-10 overnights per month