Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Clinical Training
at Cardinal Health
naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, analysts, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why Is This Role Critical?
The Director of Clinical Training will be responsible for designing and implementing the Clinical training Program, Curriculum, Content, and Metrics for naviHealth Clinical Onboarding, Preceptor/Mentor program, Clinical Ambassadors/Role-based training, and Continuing Education.
What you will be accountable for.
- Provides clinical training leadership and direction for BPCI and HealthPlan products and markets
- Develops accurate and consistent training content to ensure naviHealth colleagues have the knowledge and understanding of the clinical model, role clarity and job specific functions.
- Selects appropriate learning delivery methods.
- Trains and mentors clinical training staff on best practices of adult learning.
- Directs educational program that promotes professional excellence for all clinical roles.
- Develops and implements evaluation system to monitor the quality of the training delivery.
- Ensures that all federal and state regulatory requirements are met.
- Oversees day to day management of clinical training functional areas and staff.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect clinical training and onboarding
- Close collaboration with GMs, VP’s, Market Operations & Health Service peers to ensure enterprise-wide consistent operational delivery of the patient centered clinical model.
- Close collaboration with the Quality Team to ensure compliance, understanding and adherence to the model in order to measure its effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Works closely with IT and Product Teams to improve the CM Tool to create functionality that is consistent with and supports the clinical model, enables workflow efficiencies for clinical staff, and supports the delivery of robust clinical training.
- Monitors and measures the execution of clinical training, and its impact on the naviHealth clinical model with the focus on improving KPIs and patient outcomes. Recommends process and training changes based on results from these measures along with feedback from satisfaction surveys and client feedback.
- Assists in the formulation of the overall strategic plan and ensures adequate communication and execution throughout all markets with respect to clinical education.
- Fosters and develops the naviHealth culture among colleagues and stakeholders creating an atmosphere of engagement, trust and open dialogue.
- Ensures strict compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies, procedures and processes and accreditation standards.
What you will need to be successful
- Clinician with at least 10 years of relevant work experience required that includes at least five years in a leadership position.
- Degree in Clinical Education, or relevant work experience required.
- Strong people management and supervisory skills required.
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated by the ability in leading large teams of individuals to successful outcomes.
- Demonstration of use of innovative tools to engage adult learners
- Ability to cultivate a strong internal culture designed around collaboration, feedback, motivation, and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast pace, multi-tasking team environment while meeting deadlines.
- Highly skilled in leading significant change efforts and in building strong partnerships with business-line executives.
- Ability to summarize complex issues and problems into a concise report, focused on key findings and outcomes
- Proficiency in developing communication strategies for a wide array of audiences that support strategic objectives
- Ability to travel to markets supported by naviHealth to interact with the clients and provider groups on program protocols and outcomes.
- Demonstrated sophisticated written and verbal presentation abilities; substantial experience with the development of presentation materials (collateral, proposals, presentations, talking points, etc.); proficiency in the management of time, flexibility, and influencing colleagues to meet demanding project/request timelines; developed ability to use various PC software programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to form cross functional partnerships to accomplish goals.
- Strong coaching and interpersonal skills
- Ability to cultivate a strong internal culture designed around collaboration, feedback, motivation and accountability.
- Clinician - Nurse or Therapist required
- Bachelor's degree required
naviHealth is a pioneer in post-acute care and care transitions with a combined unprecedented 18 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scalable technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.