Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Engineer / Construction Surveyor
at Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
- Job ID
Brasfield & Gorrie is currently accepting applications for Field Engineer / Construction Surveyor. Below are the main responsibilities for this position.
(This description may not include all duties required of this position)
- Conduct field layouts and surveying activities
- Establish exterior-interior grade and working lines for contractors or crafts
- Assist in the evaluation of potential dimensions and other field problems
- May supervise a Rodman and/or crew
- May oversee some subcontractor work activities, as assigned
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
- Must adhere to safety protocol, and work in a drug-free environment
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years of experience as a Field Engineer or Survey Crew Chief is preferred
- Knowledge of general contract and subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, and surveying instruments
- Must be able to work at elevated heights, frequently lift materials weighing up to 70 lbs and work in outside all weather conditions
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, shop drawings, procedure manuals, and safety rules
- Experience with data collectors, electronic or robotic total stations, digital levels, tripod, prism, Carlson explorer, Carlson software, computers
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Higher math skills (algebra and trigonometry)
Building Your Brasfield & Gorrie Career
Start your career in a big way
No matter your starting point, when you join the Brasfield & Gorrie family, you open the door to a rewarding career at one of the most respected and dynamic companies in the industry. Here you decide your path and what you will make of your career—and your life.
We value everyone
At Brasfield & Gorrie, we see our purpose as building exceptional people, trusting relationships, great projects, and strong communities. Valuing everyone is essential to our purpose, so for us, valuing diversity and inclusion is more than a lofty company commitment; it’s a way of building relationships that helps us live our purpose in our daily work.
You’ll benefit from working at Brasfield & Gorrie
By offering a strong foundation of employee benefits, we ensure that you and your family have the tools and means to prosper. We’re proud to provide a competitive benefits and compensation package. Our employees have access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), wellness programs, career development classes, and many more benefits. We’re proud to be ranked by both Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in multiple cities!
About Brasfield & Gorrie
Brasfield & Gorrie is one of the nation’s largest privately held construction firms, providing general contracting, design-build, and construction management services for a wide variety of markets. We’re skilled in construction best practices, including virtual design and construction, integrated project delivery, and lean construction, but we’re best known for our preconstruction and self-perform expertise and exceptional client service. Brasfield & Gorrie has 12 offices and approximately 3,000 employees. Our 2018 revenues were $3.3 billion. Engineering News-Record ranks Brasfield & Gorrie 25th among the nation’s “Top 400 Contractors” for 2019.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities