Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Equipment Mechanic - Nashville, TN
at Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
- Job ID
- Inspect tools and equipment to diagnose malfunction or to determine functional condition or jobsite worthiness
- Maintain tools and equipment in accordance with maintenance schedules
- Repair tools and equipment enclosures, interiors, dashboards, and related equipment
- Repair electrical and simple electronic malfunctions
- Perform emergency repairs away from the shop to return the equipment to operation, or to assist in returning the equipment to the shop for further repair
- Operate tools and equipment to diagnose malfunction, verify operation, or to move it into or out of the shop area
- Clean and maintain tools, equipment, and the general shop area
- Maintain all required records and yearly equipment inspection
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years of rental industry experience preferred
- JLG/Genie Certified preferred
- Must have product knowledge of John Deere, Komatsu, Bobcat and Caterpillar
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the principles, methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of vehicles and self-powered equipment, including heavy equipment
- Ability to follow all applicable safety standards, rules, laws, and procedures
- Ability to acquire increasingly complex mechanical skills
- Ability to record information in the proper manner in both written work orders and computer databases
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with coworkers and customers
- High School Diploma required
Building Your Brasfield & Gorrie Career
Start your career in a big way
No matter your starting point, when you join the Brasfield & Gorrie family, you open the door to a rewarding career at one of the most respected and dynamic companies in the industry. Here you decide your path and what you will make of your career—and your life.
We value everyone
At Brasfield & Gorrie, we see our purpose as building exceptional people, trusting relationships, great projects, and strong communities. Valuing everyone is essential to our purpose, so for us, valuing diversity and inclusion is more than a lofty company commitment; it’s a way of building relationships that helps us live our purpose in our daily work.
You’ll benefit from working at Brasfield & Gorrie
By offering a strong foundation of employee benefits, we ensure that you and your family have the tools and means to prosper. We’re proud to provide a competitive benefits and compensation package. Our employees have access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), wellness programs, career development classes, and many more benefits. We’re proud to be ranked by both Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in multiple cities!
About Brasfield & Gorrie
Brasfield & Gorrie is one of the nation’s largest privately held construction firms, providing general contracting, design-build, and construction management services for a wide variety of markets. We’re skilled in construction best practices, including virtual design and construction, integrated project delivery, and lean construction, but we’re best known for our preconstruction and self-perform expertise and exceptional client service. Brasfield & Gorrie has 12 offices and approximately 3,000 employees. Our 2018 revenues were $3.3 billion. Engineering News-Record ranks Brasfield & Gorrie 25th among the nation’s “Top 400 Contractors” for 2019.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities