Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Services Specialist - OtB
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Customer Service
- Location : Location
- Full/Part Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
The Patient Services Specialist will provide excellent customer service and product information, solutions and relevant details to patients and providers. Most importantly, this position provides above and beyond communication with our patients so that they feel heard, understood, valued and more connected with Apria. Key responsibilities for creating a positive, patient-centric environment include:
- Evangelize our customers and turn our disgruntled patients into our biggest fans.
- Support our Field teams, Operations and Sales, by delivering timely feedback that empowers our teams to deliver exceptional patient experiences.
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement preventative measures.
- Proactively create a better patient experience.
- Be a champion of the employee experience and drive our unique company culture.
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and create a positive culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act on behalf of the local branch offices after hours, and during weekends and Company holidays to accept urgent calls from patients and referral sources, troubleshoot equipment issues, handle urgent new patient set ups, and dispatch local technicians or respiratory therapists, as needed, or to provide other necessary support.
- Reviewing new patients orders and documentation submitted by referral sources in order to obtain required documentation and clinical requirements of individual health insurance plans, allowing our patients to maximize their available health plan benefits and to receive the much-needed care as soon as possible.
- Requests health plan authorizations/information as required; either electronically or verbally.
- Demonstrates and ability to develop business relationships within the field leadership through close collaboration, partnership, engagement and communication.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare/health insurance industry or experience in dispatch or transportation
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Patient-Focused: You start with the patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the patients’ objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet