Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Amsurg Corp.
This position is responsible for overseeing support needed to achieve and maintain accreditation at all AMSURG centers. This position assists the VP, Regulatory and Accreditation to coordinate and facilitate decision making in matters related to accreditation, compliance with accreditation standards, and related education.
· Provide direction and oversight for regulatory and accreditation compliance including The Joint Commission (TJC), Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) , State and Federal agencies.
· Develop and review policies and procedures to ensure alignment with accreditation standards, state licensing requirements, and Medicare Conditions of Participation.
· Conduct mock surveys in preparation for AAAHC and TJC accreditation along with any specialty certifications
· Educate centers, Clinical Services, and Operations regarding quality improvement, accreditation standards, internal process improvements, and external regulatory requirements.
· Maintain collaborative relationships between Clinical Services, other departments, ASC centers, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
· Assist in planning and facilitating annual Corporate Quality Alliance meeting with AAAHC.
· Solicit sustainable processes and system improvements to maintain quality metrics and/or accreditation-related objectives.
· Facilitate consistent survey readiness
· Maintain and monitor all data related to survey activities and findings in timely compilation
· Regular and reliable attendance is required
· Other job duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s in nursing or related healthcare field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Nursing/Healthcare is required. Minimum of three (3) years in a leadership position preferred. Clinical experience in an Ambulatory Care setting required. Current status as an AAAHC surveyor preferred.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must have Microsoft Office Suite skills. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners’ success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Travel (up to 75%) required by land and/or air.