Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Rail Engineer
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Civil
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer with extensive experience in rail/railroad engineering to join project team based in Nashville, TN, which provides engineering services to railroads within the continental U.S, primarily in the Eastern U.S. Selected candidate is expected to have familiarity with railroad engineering and consulting and perform project assignments with emphasis on railroad infrastructure design and construction. Selected candidate will be expected to perform complex analysis and design, including drafting and plan development for railroad construction projects. Selected candidate will also be expected to assist in plan development for other railroad infrastructure improvements including track alignment design, earthwork, yards, passenger stations, etc. Based on experience, the selected candidate will also serve as a project manager or will work under the general supervision of a project manager and/or team lead.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide support on technical issues associated with project delivery throughout project lifecycle, ensuring project deliverables meet technical standards and quality requirements, are on time and budget
- The selected candidate will also direct engineering/CAD staff during the execution of a project and must be able to develop railroad construction plans efficiently and accurately
- Expected to travel to, observe, and effectively report site conditions and provide preliminary assessments of a variety of railroad infrastructure conditions (e.g. visit a site and determine likely cause of ongoing slope failure, or develop recommendations for geotechnical exploration)
- Able to develop, manage, and implement a site investigation for railroad infrastructure or roadbed improvement purposes
- Expected to become familiar with other design services offered by Nashville group and provide as-needed design support for projects involving structural or geo-structural, grading, drainage, or facility design
- Expected to develop ability to recognize and understand environmental regulations governing various rail or roadbed construction projects - Expected to travel to and attend periodic regulatory meetings in host cities of regulatory agencies
- Expected to participate in and provide quality assurance reviews of railroad construction plans
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of related engineering/design experience
- Minimum of 4 years of rail-related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; Master’s Degree a plus
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensed
- Position requires a candidate to have successfully demonstrated project management experience or is on a project management track
- Experience with desktop and industry-specific software including CAD (AutoCAD and/or MicroStation) MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- Must have sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly with on-site contractors, supervisor or project manager regarding work assignments required
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!