Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Lead, Maintenance
at Allegiant Air
The Maintenance Team Leader is an “Aircraft Technician” who leads other Technicians in their day-to-day maintenance duties. This position is expected to perform the duties of a Maintenance Technician; assume the duties of the Maintenance Supervisor, as assigned, when the Supervisor is absent.
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) Certification required.
Minimum two (2) years aircraft heavy line maintenance experience required.
Sponsorship is not available for this position
• Effective Communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Outlook email.
• Laying out and assuming control of quality and quantity of work assignments.
• Review the log book for each RON or idle (3 hours or more) aircraft at the base for open write-ups and currency of the Service Check.
• See that work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with company policy, manufacturers’ manuals, and FAA requirements.
• Coordinate work and jobs in progress with oncoming mechanics during shift change.
• Ensure that paperwork, tags, etc., are properly filled out and signed, including tags for parts removed from aircraft.
• Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• Give on the job training instructions and information on job procedures, safety, and good work practices.
• Keep the Maintenance Supervisor advised of problems that could result in work delays.
• Take necessary action to ensure that maintenance personnel in his or her group are qualified to accomplish the duties assigned to them.
• Efficiently utilize manpower, making possible adjustments in methods and perfection of procedures to provide continuous improvement in efficiency and increase of production.
• Endeavor to increase his or her own knowledge by studying technical material and study guides provided for that purpose.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information see Allegiant.com/careers