Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineered Product Manager
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
- City Name(s)
- Nashville, TN
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
This role is based in Nashville, TN.
The Engineered Product Manager promotes and services ADS products throughout the assigned territory. Increase sales and acceptance of ADS products with the engineering community, regulators, contractors and owners. Provide training, education and technical support. Generate specified projects, conversions and approvals to facilitate an increase in the specification data base (Net Suite) and sales revenue of all assigned ADS Products.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Daily calls on design firms and regulators to generate new projects, conversions and gain approvals as necessary.
- An average of 15-20 physical calls per week.
- Average 1-2 Lunch and Learns and/or professional organization presentations per week.
- A monthly territory update report will be required prior to the first of the month. This report format or template will be furnished by your manager.
- Work with State and local DOT, DEP, County and Municipal agencies, Sanitary Districts, Water Management Districts, etc.
- Enter and track all projects in the Net Suite database.
- Enter new request for layouts in Net suite and provide the basic information necessary to start the process.
- Provide accurate project information to minimize the calls required by the Application/Technical Services Department
- Update projects to reflect an accurate status and to deal with conversions of projects to competition.
- Projects in Net Suite with a valve of 100k+ should be updated on a weekly basis.
- Additional data such as contacts, project notes, MBO’s, etc may also be required to be required to be entered in Net Suite based on your manager’s requirements.
- Product Application Knowledge
- Must maintain a complete understanding and application knowledge of all assigned product lines.
- ADS Sanitary and Storm HP PP
- StormTech Chambers
- ADS Pipe for Retention / Detention
- Water Quality Products
- ADS N-12 PE / HP Pipe products
- Products Service
- Responsible for being on site or arranging for trained alternative ADS personnel to attend specific product installation when conditions warrant.
- Attend pre-construction meetings or called site meetings
- Product application training with installers especially with newly introduced products.
- Monitoring and tracking of high profile installations.
- Internal and External Relationships
- Act as the technical resource for the ADS field team in your territory. This would include project generation and updates, product knowledge and application, training, project conversions and approval objectives.
- Work with all available departments using a “Team approach” within ADS to accomplish your objectives.
- Work in concert with the sales and sales management team to protect and secure projects. Facilitate pricing inquires to assure that products you represent are competitive. Product pricing procedures will be developed and introduced by your manager and the product GM. Act with a sense of urgency.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key engineers and regulators in your territory. Join and attend functions of the key industry organizations in your territory, i.e. ASCE, ICSC, APWA, etc.
- Identification, organization and coverage of local trade shows for specific product lines will be your responsibility. Spending approval needs to be obtained from your manager and or the product GM’s. In most cases, the cost for these efforts should be shared between products you represent in your territory.
- Business Planning and Communication
- Develop a yearly Action Plan for each product with MBO’s that support the action items. Review and modify these MBO’s as necessary to achieve the objective in a timely matter. These plans should be developed with input from the ADS Regional and Zone managers in your territory.
- It is imperative that you communicate on a regular basis with the ADS sales and management team in your territory. This way they can share their priorities, thus assuring you work in concert on timely issues.
- Regional Engineer (RE) Specific Responsibilities
- Obtain new & enhanced written approvals for pipe
- Target agencies with high growth & high potential of success
- Pre-qualify needs & promote solutions with HDPE, PP or both
- High frequency of “touches”; Build broad coalition of support
- Get ADS pipe specified on Capital Imp Projects (CIPs)
- Identify projects & track progress in NetSuite
- Build strong, influential relationships with design engineers
- Stay involved in the project (sold & installed)
- Technical support for local sales team
- Field investigations
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.